|Formerly part of||Jukai|
Towashi is the main city of modern day Kamigawa.
Towashi is charcterized by looming skyscrapers, large neon signs and vibrant cherry trees. It was built in a cleared out part of the Jukai Forest. It is the seat of Imperial power. Now, kami and human alike live among its towering skyscrapers. The streets are always packed, no matter the time of day. Its prime location along the coast makes it a hub for commerce, and its proximity to the forest provides shelter from the elements. Hovering lanterns and neon lights brighten a lower city that would otherwise be drowned in shadows throughout the day, and those same lights transform the city at night into a beacon of dazzling colors.
At the start of what is now known as the Modern Age, the city of Towashi was expanding rapidly to accommodate the demands of its increasing population. Moonfolk, nezumi, humans, and akki alike were living together, mingling in a way that would have been unthinkable in previous times. As the city grew, it began to eat into the Jukai Forest. Trees were felled to clear the land for new buildings, and many of the forest's kami found themselves being driven out. Enraged, the kami fought back, emerging from the depths of the forest to wreck the newly constructed buildings and curse the builders.
The emperor at the time finally intervened when an attack by the kami, and the Towashi builders' subsequent retaliation, threatened to upend all the peaceful relations between mortals and kami once more. He brokered an agreement that the city would halt further growth into the forest. Meanwhile, the kami would not attack the city or intrude upon their planning. The city builders could continue to develop any land they had already started building on, with one exception: they were forbidden from cutting down Boseiju, which had fallen into the city's domain during the construction and fighting. Furthermore, Jukai Forest was now closed to all mortals without permission from the kami.
Unable to expand outward, Towashi was forced to grow upwards instead. Skyscrapers filled the city, and Boseiju was soon lost within the skyline.
But then the millennia-old tree, which had lain quiet for so long, began to grow once again. It grew so large and so tall that it came to eclipse even the tallest structures surrounding it. Builders attempted to match its height, but for every new "tallest structure" constructed, Boseiju grew even more. Boseiju's message was clear: the city might be standing on this ground now, but the forest refused to let anyone forget who had been there first. Today, Boseiju is the largest structure in Towashi, its spreading branches casting a near-permanent shadow over much of Towashi.
- The Boseiju District.
- The Towashi Undercity on the surface, wedged between the shadows of Boseiju and Towashi's skyscrapers.
- Dragon's Well as a venerated, protected meeting site where the heads of different gangs meet to hash out disagreements and make formal treaties.
- Far Corner is a neighborhood on the border between Towashi City and Jukai forest. In the past it was a village belonging to the Jukai forest. 
- Associated cards:
- Depicted in:
- Referred to:
- Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty First Look (Video). Weekly MTG. YouTube (December 16, 2021).
- Grace Fong, Emily Mei, and Ari Zirulnik (February 3, 2022). "Planeswalkers Guide to Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Akemi Dawn Bowman (December 16, 2021). "Kaito Origin Stories: A Test of Loyalty & The Path Forward". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Emily Teng (January 21, 2022). "Boseiju Reaches Skyward". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Emma Mieko Candon (February 7, 2022). "The Blade Reflected and Reborn". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.