Trostani is a fusion of three dryads. Each of the three heads represents a Selesnyan value: Order, Life, and Harmony. The Trostani are not three separate beings, but three aspects of the same being, a single entity that moves according to the world spirit's desires.
The three sisters
Before becoming Trostani, the three dryads had separate names and personalities.
- Oba, the dryad of Life, was wild and full of life. Her hair was tangled with leaves and vines. Her eyes shifting with her moods, from green like flecks of emerald and jade to smoky brown.
- Ses, the dryad of Order, was ordered in manner and speech. Her hair was held in place by a headpiece made of goldenwood, and fell to her shoulders in a cascade of auburn.
- Cim, the dryad of Harmony, was the eldest and the bridge between the other two sisters. Despite being a small, slight dryad, everyone within the Selesnya Conclave could feel the power within her. She would always find a way to balance the needs of one with the other.
Creation of Trostani
The Selesnya Conclave was in disarray because they gradually lost their connection to Mat'Selesnya, the World Tree. Three dryad sisters, Oba, Ses, and Cim, went into a deep trance to try and connect with Mat'Selesnya. During their trance, they were aided by Suniel who bound them to an old oak tree. Upon connecting with Mat'Selesnya, this old Parun fused the three dryads with the World Tree, creating Trostani.
War of the Spark
During the civil unrest previous to the War of the Spark, the three heads of Trostani were in discord. While Harmony remained mysteriously and utterly silent, Order argued in favor of a peace treaty with the other guilds, while Life wanted to focus on building the strength of the Conclave. The fact that the dryads were divided meant that Trostani was virtually paralyzed and faded into the background of events. During the War, Emmara Tandris stepped forward to fill the void in leadership.
Trostani was initially still in the discordant state but was convinced by Kaya's party to join the fight against Bolas and became concordant again. They survived the War, and afterwards resumed their duty as the guildmaster of Selesnya.
|Title||Author||Publishing date||Set||Setting (plane)||Featuring|
|The Great Concourse||Adam Lee||2012-10-24||Return to Ravnica||Ravnica||Trostani|
|War of the Spark: Ravnica—Desperate Operatives||Greg Weisman||2019-05-29||War of the Spark||Ravnica||Rat, Kaya, Teyo Verada, Nissa Revane, Emmara Tandris, Trostani, Borborygmos, Ral Zarek, Storrev, Izoni, Varolz, Vraska, Ajani Goldmane, Mu Yanling, Jiang Yanggu, Mowu, Huatli|
- Represented in:
- Depicted in:
- Quoted or referred to:
- Chas Andres (October 3, 2018). "A Flavorful Guide to the Guilds of Ravnica". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Django Wexler (July 3, 2019), The Gathering Storm, Chapter Five.
- Adam Lee (October 23, 2012). "The Great Concourse". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- James Wyatt (January 2019). "The Art of Magic: The Gathering - Ravnica". Wizards of the Coast
- Greg Weisman (April 2019). "War of the Spark: Ravnica". Del Rey
- Greg Weisman (May 29, 2019). "War of the Spark: Ravnica – Desperate Operatives". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.