|(Subtype for creature/tribal cards)|
25 cardsas of Innistrad: Midnight Hunt
52% 8% 4% 20% 12% 4%
Turtle is a blue/green creature type used for any reptile, either aquatic or terrestrial, with the trunk enclosed in a shell consisting of a dorsal carapace and a ventral plastron. A terrestrial turtle is also known as a tortoise.
The first creature card to bear the subtype Turtle was Giant Turtle in Legends, though Giant Tortoise from Arabian Nights was later issued errata in the Grand Creature Type Update to retroactively become a Turtle as well.
- Wallader, a turtlefolk mail delivery.
- Archelos — A turtlefolk shaman who has lived a very long time. He spends much of his time meditating in his shell, spreading his considerable magic across the marsh he calls home.
- Chimeric Idol can become a 3/3 artifact Turtle.
- Turtleshell Changeling is not a Turtle according to its subtype field, despite its card name and artwork; but, as it possesses the Changeling ability, it is a Turtle.
- Wormfang Turtle is the only Nightmare Turtle Beast.
- Kappa were mysterious, goblin-like, water-dwelling creatures that once had lived on the plane of Kamigawa, but have since become extinct. Little is known about them, but they resembled a cross between a goblin and a turtle.
- Adventures in the Forgotten Realms features a Dragon Turtle.