|Introduced||Guilds of Ravnica|
|Last Used||Guilds of Ravnica|
|Typical Text||Undergrowth — ..., where X is the number of creatures in your graveyard.|
33.3% 41.7% 25%
Each undergrowth ability is different. They provide scaling effects that may start small, but they can be dominating in the late game.
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Creature cards with other types, such as artifact creature cards, count for undergrowth abilities.
- Because tokens aren't cards, they never count for undergrowth abilities.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Creature — Elf Warrior
Undergrowth — Golgari Raiders enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature card in your graveyard.
Undergrowth — Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of creature cards in your graveyard. If that creature would die this turn, exile it instead.
References[edit | edit source]
- Matt Tabak (September 4, 2018). "Guilds of Ravnica Mechanics". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (September 17, 2018). "Guild to Order, Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (September 20, 2018). "Guilds of Ravnica Release Notes". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.