4605 timeline: I've got a discussion about the Magic timeline, with the neowalker saga being 100 years after the mending. This seems too long, since Venser hasn't aged that much, and 100 years would make him an old man at the youngest. --Drakk2
Great job on organizing Template:Featarticle/Proposals - thanks :) --GeoMike 00:37, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
- Welcome back ;-) --MORT (T) 15:21, 21 August 2008 (EDT)
No problem, I had some time so I decided to finish them up. Master Rex 01:04, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
Hi, there is one sentence I do not quite understand:
"However, it was noted that they cause temporal energies to accumulate in rifts, threatening to collapse the time stream, or speading (?) it up."
Do you mean "speeding up" or something different? Otherwise good work :) . Oracle of Truth 15:43, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's it. Thx for corrections. --MORT (T) 15:44, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
PolarBearGod and casual questions
I was just logging on when I was utterly shocked and saddened to see an article on the death of a member here at this lovable little wiki. Did you know PBG? Someone with the fine taste to oversee work on MtG art will definitely be missed.
- Unfortunately, I didn't know him too well. But yes, it was a sad day in MTGS...
And let me know if I am doing better now that I have returned at editing articles. I really don't want to be just another technologicaly-illiterate moron clogging up the process with bad grammar and screwy linking. ;)
- You always were doing good. As for bad grammar and typos, I think I'm much better at doing them. ;)
Also, my text on Usertalk pages seems obscenely large, and I am failing to determine why. Archlich 21:28, 28 June 2008 (UTC) Arclich
- Does it say that it's too big? Then, maybe you could do some archive, or just delete old, unnecessary parts. --MORT (T) 09:59, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
It must have been an acute glitch. Now, the font is back to normal and the text size is fine. Yesterday, at around 4 or 5 o'clock, when I left the message on your usertalk page, the text on the heading was huge and had an odd font, and I spent a little time trying to figure out what was wrong. when I logged on later that night, it went back to standard. Archlich 20:00, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
No prob, I was going to ask about that, too. : ) Archlich 21:34, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- That's correct. Our plane category had all of them. Unless of course, there were new planes mentioned in new Planeswalker books. But someone would recognize them by now if that was true. --MORT (T) 13:20, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, thx! Btw, I'm pretty psyched about Planechase right now. It's a good thing seeing new worlds, but the best part is acknowledging pre-revision places, that have been ignored for a decade :) . Oracle of Truth 14:41, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, the Shandalar card is most flavorful of them all. ^^ Lots of mana, but different magic, not easy to use. Full of awesome. --MORT (T) 15:49, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
Hey Mort, we have a bit of a disagreement over an appearance of Ugin in regards to the short story he might have appeared in. I maintain that at the time, they had no plans for ugin, for two prime reasons. 1) It was too early for Zendikar's development, and this is a case of them going back and using flavor they future shifted, and 2) Matt Cavota wrote the article before he left the company. He's done other short stories purely for flavor outside canon and admitted it in a few articles of his. He also had NOTHING to do with developing Zendikar given that it was after he'd left wizards. Anyways, we could use your input regarding the matter.Barinellos 02:08, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
- I have to side with Sammedwin here. Lets not get into a canonicity debate here, considering the nature of Magic storyline it gets even more confusing concerning a range of other topics (just look at cards vs. books, prerev vs. post ref, magazine articles, online articles, web comics vs. republished armada ones vs. advertising comics). As to whether Cavotta had any say on Zendikar, lets not forget the unique nature of Future Sight. While I'd agree, that he was gone long before the forst draft of the first style guide, Ugin was inspired in name and in flavor by the card Ghost Flame, who is to say, that the same does not apply to anything else Cavotta contributed? As an encyclopedia we strife to be as complete as possible, and then have to let the reader decide. As long as the appropiate sources a cited, that shouldn't be a problem. And one more thing, while I respect MORT and I'm interested in his take on this, please in the future keep discussion on specific articles on the designated discussion page. Thanks, Oracle of Truth 11:11, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the edit
I appreciate your work on the wiki. Thanks for catching the person who (nearly) blanked my page. For this wiki, should we warn the user (the IP) on their talk page, like what happens on Wikipedia, or do we not do that kind of stuff here? Usually, on Wikipedia, someone who did something like that would be warned with something like this. Aurora Illumina 17:05, 20 June 2010 (UTC)