|(Subtype for creature/tribal cards)|
Witches are practitioners of witchcraft. They can be male or female and usually possess malignant supernatural powers, often casting curses. They may have the aid of a devil or a familiar. Witches are considered vile and cruel, taking great joy in their evil deeds.
Within the game of Magic: The Gathering, witches have been represented by various creature classes. The more supernaturally ugly, old women used the type Hag, but humanoid witches could also be a Wizard (e.g. Mistmeadow Witch), a spellshaper (e.g. Cackling Witch), a Shaman (e.g. Bitterheart Witch), a Cleric (e.g. Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch) or a Scarecrow (e.g. Wicker Witch)
- The Blood-Witches of the Cult of Rakdos. They are undead.
- The razorwitches of the Cult of Rakdos. Able to conjure double-ended, diamond-shaped, knives out of thin air.
- The "Sea Witch" met by Dack Fayden. She had powerful water magic and was able to summon a giant kraken to attack him.
- Festering Newt or Bubbling Cauldron, as used by the Bogbrew Witch
- Season of the Witch
- Witchbane Orb
- Witches' Eye
- Witch Hunt and Witch Hunter
- Witch's Cauldron
- Witch's Familiar
- Witch's Mist
- Chris Mooney (October 31, 2019). "Planeswalker's Guide to Eldraine". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (September 06, 2019). "Still confused as to how warlock won out over witch.". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (September 05, 2019). "I get that warlock is the new subtype". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (September 04, 2019). "Why was Warlock chosen over Witch?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Doug Beyer (March 21, 2012). "The Guardian, the Witch, and the Angel". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Django Wexler (July 3, 2019), The Gathering Storm, Chapter Five.
- Magic: The Gathering - Theros Issue #2