|Symbol description||A hedron set into the ground|
|Art direction||Jeremy Jarvis|
|Release date||October 2, 2015 / January 22, 2016|
|Themes and mechanics||Lands|
|Set size||45 cards|
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
Zendikar Expeditions is a promotional Magic set of 45 foil land cards that are randomly inserted in boosters of the Battle for Zendikar block. The set is retroactively considered the first set of the Masterpiece Series.
These cards feature a special Zendikari card frame and a separate expansion symbol. Thus, they are not part of the sets themselves. Zendikar Expeditions feature all new art set on Zendikar and will appear slightly more often than premium mythic rares. They are printed in English only, but can be opened in packs of all languages. These cards are playable in limited and formats where they're already legal. 25 Expedition cards appeared with Battle for Zendikar (the 5 new battle lands, 10 shock lands and 10 fetch lands) and 20 more cards in Oath of the Gatewatch (10 filter lands and 10 assorted lands with resonant flavor for Zendikar).
Contents[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Information below the text box
- Dan Barrett (August 26, 2015). "Battle for Zendikar: Your First Look". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (August 30, 2015). "What are and how do you get the Expeditions?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Blake Rasmussen (September 17, 2015). "All the Expeditions (first batch)". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Blake Rasmussen (December 24, 2015). "Never a Wasted Holiday". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Expeditions are back in #MTGOGW! We'll be previewing all 20 throughout the course of December, so stay tuned!