Description[edit | edit source]
The Zendikar block was released over 2009–2010. In design, it was considered an experimental land block. Because of Rise's premise as a large set, it introduced its own collection of ability words and keywords, instead of further expansion of the previous mechanics.
Mechanics introduced in this block:
- from Zendikar and Worldwake: Landfall, Quest enchantments, Trap cards, Multikicker.
- from Rise of the Eldrazi: Annihilator, Level Up, Rebound, Totem armor.
Mechanics reused from the past:
- from Invasion: Kicker (last seen in Time Spiral).
Sets[edit | edit source]
Mega cycle[edit | edit source]
|Planeswalkers||Gideon Jura (Rise of the Eldrazi)||Jace, the Mind Sculptor (Worldwake)||Sorin Markov (Zendikar)||Chandra Ablaze (Zendikar)||Nissa Revane (Zendikar)|
|Five monocolored planeswalkers, each with their own part of the Zendikar storyline.|
Theme decks[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (December 07, 2009). "Playing With Blocks". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (June 24, 2013). "Modern Tales, Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (November 24, 2014). "Top 8 and a Half Tales". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.